Our ‘Apps to look out for’ reviews are quick looks into apps that may well have passed under your radar, but may in fact be worth a look, and possibly even a purchase. Have a peek at today’s app and see if you think it is worth your time and money.
City of Splendors – Android
City of Splendors, which is available for both Android and iOS, is a new strategy game for mobile that really does attempt to take the format forward, with a compelling feature list that makes the game stand out. In the game, you must build up a city from the ground up, building and battling as you go.
The game has many multiplayer and social features, and lets you play anyone from around the world in decent battles.
The graphics are very good, and I particularly loved all of the main character designs, as they give the world a richness that is essential in games like this. In addition, the soundtrack is worthy of praise.
The developer has a Facebook page for more info, here.
Here are a few of the main features of the game:
● Utilizing a stunning 3D engine, City of Splendors takes mobile gaming to previously unseen heights of graphical grandeur, banishing the blocky character models and simplistic sprites of other games to the realm of yesterday’s news.
● Compete with players from across the world in frantic player battles! Play against friends, forge fresh alliances, find new friends… then swiftly demolish them! Build up your heroes and army until the world trembles in the face of your onslaught!
● Experience the twists and turns of the engaging fantasy plot, as the player is pulled through the realm of Troon fighting and questing your way to global dominance!
● A dedicated team of experienced gamers working diligently and tirelessly to keep your City of Splendors experience as seamless and free from bugs as is humanly (or Elfly, or Orcly) possible!
● Server-wide rankings let you compare your skills with people from around the world. Compete with friends to inch up the rankings list, or go all out, storm the battlefield and try to claim the top spot!
The game is absolutely free to play, and seems to work really well on both tablet and smaller phone displays. You can purchase items to help you through the game, but the game is pretty well balanced so that you don’t absolutely have to pay anything if you choose not to, and can still enjoy the game.
There is plenty to do here, with many different races to choose from, all with differing attributes and buildings to build. For a free game, it is pretty well stocked.
Overall, this is a great strategy game that you should have no hesitation in downloading.